Low Season (October-April, excluding Christmas and New Year): £400 per week
High Season (May – September): £600 per week
Christmas and New Year: £700 per week
Please email or call us to check availability or to make a provisional booking. After you have made a provisional booking with us, you should complete and return a Booking Form within 7 days, a copy is available here.
Short and Weekend Breaks may be available at certain times in the Low Season only. Please contact us directly with your dates.
Payment can be made by cheque or bank transfer.
The cottage is let from Saturday to Saturday. Guests are asked to vacate by 10am Saturday, to allow the cottage to be serviced before the arrival of the next guests.
Regular guests – please note the change of holiday start day back to Saturday.
Terms and Conditions of Letting
1. For bookings made more than 28 days before arrival, a deposit of one third of the appropriate rental is payable on booking, the balance being due 28 days before arrival.
2. For bookings made 28 days or less before arrival, the full amount is payable on booking. Admission to The Pentagon can only be allowed after the full amount due in advance has been paid.
3. Upon receipt of the deposit and Booking Form, the owner will issue a Booking Confirmation or will advise if the cottage is not then available. Any booking is provisional until a Booking Confirmation has been issued.
4. Cancellations must be in writing and the deposit is then forfeited but if cancellation is less than 28 days before arrival, the balance remains due unless it is possible to re-let the property, when the balance will be refunded to the applicant, less the cost of additional expenses incurred.
5. Weekly lettings are normally for a minimum of one week from Saturday to Saturday, starting at 4.00pm on the day of arrival and ending at 10 am on the day of departure. Short breaks by arrangement.
6. Bed linen and towels are included in the rental.
7. The cottage should be vacated by 10am on the day of departure and left in the same condition as it was found.
8. Smoking is NOT permitted
9. One dog (only) may be allowed by prior arrangement with the owner of The Pentagon. There is an additional charge of £15 per week. Dogs are not allowed on furniture and any damage or staining is the financial responsibility of the occupier.
10. Electricity and coal are provided within the rent.
11. Minor breakages or damage will not be charged to the occupier but must be reported so that it can be replaced. Damage or breakage in excess of £10 is payable to the owner.
12. Baggage and other occupier’s property is at the occupier’s risk at all times.
13. The owner does not accept responsibility or liability for loss or damage to any car or its contents.
14. The owner will not be responsible for any damage or injury suffered by the occupiers, their pets or visitors to the property. Neither shall the owner be responsible for any damage to clothes laundered on the property or any damage to occupiers’ property.
15. No more than six people, including children, may occupy the property.
16. It is the sole responsibility of the occupiers for securing the property during the term of the holiday letting.
17. Booking Forms may only be completed by adults over 18 years.
18. In signing the Booking Form you are accepting these conditions.
19. Rates apply to cottage rental, not per person. No VAT is payable.